Hotel 43 in Boise, Idaho is a hotel I’ve wanted to visit for years. As a local Boise resident and a lover of hotels I couldn’t wait to visit this one! It’s in the heart of downtown Boise, a boutique hotel (of course) with panoramic views of downtown Boise and the Boise Valley! It also houses Boise’s top rated restaurant, ChandIer’s Steakhouse. I had a very busy week at work and I decided Hotel 43 would be the perfect Staycation.
So, what’s with the name, 43?
- Boise is in the 43rd parallel
- Idaho is the 43rd state
- 43 is a prime number, which ties to the hotel’s promise of a singular experience.
Hotel 43 opened in May 2007 and is owned by Block 22 Management Group. They have 112 spacious rooms, airport shuttle service, Stash Rewards and PURE Wellness rooms, which means every room has undergone a patented 7-step purification process. The in-room filter removes up to 99.99% of pollutants and allergens, exceeding HEPA standards, and allergy free.
Hotel 43 is located in downtown Boise on Grove Street in walking distance to:
- A Cafe (healthy option)
- Wild Root Cafe (healthy option)
- Neckar Coffee
- Chandlers Steakhouse (is in the hotel)
- Goldy’s Breakfast Bistro
- The Basque Market
- Bittercreek Alehouse
- Guru Donuts
- Lucky Fins Seafood Grill
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Face masks required for guests in public areas
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Floors marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Individually wrapped toiletries
- 24-hour minimum vacancy between guests
Overall I felt really safe in the hotel. I loved the sanitized remote control, the masked and friendly staff and the PURE Wellness rooms.
- 112 beautiful rooms
- Free Wifi
- Roam bathroom products
- Air Purifier in every room
- Stunning city views
- Delicious room-service from Chandler’s Steakhouse
- Amazing location and close to everything
Overall I really enjoyed my room. Upon entering the hotel I found the lobby to be a little dark and quiet (most likely due to COVID), but the hotel staff treated me very well. They let me check-in early and valet parking was only $15/day. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable and I appreciated the amazing air purifier. The best thing about the hotel is the location, hotel restaurant, friendly staff and art. The rooms are average, but the hotel itself is worth the stay!
- Dark and quiet lobby but friendly staff
- I got to check-in early (added perk!)
- Room was very quiet and clean
- Bed was VERY comfortable
- Loved the design of the room but small
- Room bathrooms were average
- Loved the added air purifier
- Close to EVERYTHING (restaurants, museums, hikes)
Hotel Fitness Center
If you want to get a workout in during your stay, Hotel 43 offers a fitness center just outside of the building. Although small and not the most convenient, it’s a cute area to workout and I enjoyed a mid-day sweat.
Healthy Restaurants Nearby
Located in the heart of Boise’s downtown district in the Kount Building, they offer healthy food, a bright ambiance and excellent service.
Open every day besides Sunday from 9am-3pm. Saturday they close early at 2pm.
What I ordered:
- Cobb Salad
- Tomato Soup
- Sparkling Water
Wild Root Cafe
Located on 8th street in downtown Boise, they offer salads, bowls and healthy snacks.
Open Wednesday-Saturday from 9am-9pm, Closed on Monday. Open from 9am-3:30pm on Sunday and Tuesday.
What I ordered:
- Nourish Bowl – Raw rainbow carrots, radish, cucumber, warmed cauliflower rice, avocado, almonds, citrus, blueberries, fermented garlic honey lemon vinaigrette. Vegan vinaigrette option.
Chandlers Steakhouse is Boise’s #1 fine dining restaurant. They have amazing steak, seafood, wine and cocktails and offer fun live jazz.
Open from 4 – 12am on weekends and 4 – 10pm on weekdays.
Tip: Room service in the hotel comes from Chandler Steakhouse! Gourmet! Oh lala!
What I ordered:
- Beet Salad – barley, watercress, arugula, whipped Boursin cheese, pickled red onion, orange poppy seed dressing⠀
- Lobster Bisque – this is one of my favorites. Fresh pieces of lobster! Too die for! Enjoy with one of Gluten Free Galaxy’s rolls!!! Seriously delicious! ⠀
- Crab Cakes – served with stone ground mustard, watercress, tomato salad. Yum!⠀
- Manhattan – Knob Creek, Averna + angostura bitters, bada bing cherry
Other Healthy Food Options on the Menu:
- The Black Orchid – Seared ahi with black mustard sauce
- Dungeness Crab Cocktail with fresh lemon
- Heirloom tomato and watermelon salad
- Burrata Salad
- Tower of Tuna
- Ora King Salmon
- 44 North Vodka – Nectarine or Huckleberry with a soda and a lime wheel. This drink has low sugar and tastes great!
Where to Workout Nearby
- Yoga – Hollywood Market Yoga – Super cute boutique studio nearby // $25 dollars a class
- Gym – The Gym at 8th and Main – Very nice gym with options for massages. It also has a steam room in each of the locker rooms. // $25 dollar 7-day trial
- Camels Back Park
The hotel does NOT offer a mini bar in the room or any snacks so bring your own! They do offer a grab and go breakfast option but it’s small and unimpressive.
My Hotel Room Snacks:
- Raw Almonds
- Natural Peanut Butter snack container
Overall my stay at Hotel 43 is BB approved! #BBapproved
I enjoyed the location, the restaurant, the staff and the amazing art all over the hotel. Cheers to Hotel 43! Until next time.